Wednesday 25 May 2011

Report Builder 2.0


Today, I had the requirement to create a report in Dynamics CRM 4.0.
I did this using Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder 2.0, in the past I have always used Visual Studio but decided to give the Report Builder a go to get a customer perspective on the application
Report Builder is a stand-alone application from Microsoft available to download from the internet. 
 I specifically wanted to utilise the Matrix capabilities and using the wizard makes light work of setting up the data source connection and designing a query, including the fields, Relationships and applied filters.
I personally prefer to use not to use the wizards and use the drag and drop functionality

Useful Articles

Overview

Report Builder 2.0 Download

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=9f783224-9871-4eea-b1d5-f3140a253db6&displaylang=en

Tutorials (Report Builder 2.0)

Expression Examples (Report Builder 2.0)



No comments:

Post a Comment