Thursday 21 June 2012

Overlapping of Scrolling Report Headers in Report Builder

Today I experienced a very frustrating error while using both Visual Studio 2008 and Report Builder 3.0


I had created a complicated matrix which spanned many pages.  I required the Row and Column Headers to repeat on every page and to keep both headers available while scrolling


However, during testing when I scrolled through the report I found that the report was not displaying correctly.  The Column headers were overlapping the main data in the report.  This made the text blur and therefore unreadable.



My first thought was to assume this was a bug.  However this did not happen in any of my other reports, both in Report Builder 2.0 and Report Builder 3.0

A chance Google search brought me to EllaMaschiach’s post who thankfully reaveled the answer.

In Report Builder you will need to set the Background Color on any Headers which are made available when scrolling.  Since the text underneath is transparent, the Header will display correctly.

Hopefully this will save somebody an hour of frustration








1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bro... Finally .....after spending hours and hours of time in internet and going through junk of useless articles ... no one explained this in any article

    ReplyDelete