Tuesday 21 June 2011

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Error Message – Font ‘Verdana’ does not support style 'Bold’

While performing both an update to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 16 and also while running the Mictrosoft Dynamics CRM Configuration Wizard I received the following error message





Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Font 'Verdana' does not support style 'Bold'.



I would normally use the CRM Diagnostics tool to look at the root cause but this was a remote installation that needed to be completed to a tight deadline.  Seeing this was an issue with a font I imedaiately looked towards the C:\Windows\Fonts folder.

My first thought was to take a copy of the Verdana font from another working machine and copy this to the machine having the issue. 

Copying the Verdana font to a shared location will create four files.  These will need to be copied to the C:\Windows\Fonts on the machine having the issue


Once this was completed I was able to run Rollup 16 and the Configuration Wizard.  This extra step tool an additional 10 minutes but I was still able to meet the agreed time for the installation with the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment